A range of examples and practices on how to integrate climate change concerns to fisheries and aquaculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Assessment of the integration of fisheries and aquaculture in policy development framework and application in Africa
- PDF Building adaptive capacity to climate change: Policies to sustain livelihoods and fisheries
- PDF Climate change adaptation in fisheries and aquaculture: Compilation of initial examples
- PDF Climate change implications for fisheries of the Benguela Current Region. Making the best of change
- PDF Protocol on climate change adaptation and disaster risk management in fisheries and aquaculture in the Caribbean
- PDF Report of the workshop on development of aquaculture insurance system for small-scale farmers
- PDF Social protection and sustainable natural resource management: Initial findings and good practices from small-scale fisheries
A wide variety of guidelines and learning modules providing information on how to formulate and implement National Adaptation Plans and to integrate them with current policy frameworks.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing fisheries and aquaculture in National Adaptation Plans. (Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines).
- PDF Addressing forestry and agroforestry in National Adaptation Plans (supplementary guidelines)
- Website CDKN planning for NDC implementation: Adaptation module
- PDF Initial guidelines for the formulation of national adaptation plans by least developed countries
- PDF National Adaptation Plan process: Water supplement to the technical guidelines
- PDF National Adaptation Plans (NAPs): Technical guidelines for the NAP process
- Website National Adaptation Plans: Supplementary materials and technical guidelines
- PDF Recommendations for aligning National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes with development and budget planning. Supplementary material to the NAP ...
- Website Stocktaking for National Adaptation Planning (SNAP): Assessing capacity for implementing NDCs
Climate-smart agriculture country experiences: a variety of cross-cutting activities and practices.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Assessing the profitability and feasibility of climate-smart agriculture investment in Southern Malawi: Understanding the costs and benefits in a ...
- PDF Barriers, incentives and benefits in the adoption of climate-smart agriculture. Lessons from the MICCA pilot project in Kenya
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture case studies 2021 – Projects from around the world
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture guidelines for the United Republic of Tanzania
- Website Climate-smart agriculture in action
- Website Climate-smart agriculture success stories: From farming communities around the world
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture. Case studies 2018. Successful approaches from different regions
- Website Climate-smart soil, water and nutrient management options in semiarid West Africa: a review of evidence and analysis of stone bunds and zaï techniques
- PDF Eastern Africa climate-smart agriculture scoping study: Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda
- PDF Enabling farmers to face climate change: Second cycle of the benefit-sharing fund projects
- PDF Ethiopia climate-smart agriculture scoping study
- Website Integrated monitoring framework for climate-smart agriculture: Hoima climate-smart villages, Uganda
- Website Kenya country experience in reducing the GHG balance of the livestock production systems
- PDF Maasai communities in Kenya adapting to climate change by adopting smart-agriculture practices
- PDF Overview of the scientific, political and financial landscape of climate-smart agriculture in West Africa
- PDF Planning, implementing and evaluating climate-smart sgriculture in smallholder farming systems. The experience of the MICCA pilot projects in ...
- PDF Quesungual & Kuxur Rum: Ancestral agroforestry systems in the Dry Corridor of Central America
- PDF Sustainable production intensification and value chain development in Africa
- Website The Rural Household Multi-Indicator Survey (RHoMIS) for rapid characterisation of households to inform climate smart agriculture interventions: ...
Resources on food loss and waste, including their links to climate change.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A wide variety of studies, tools and case studies to explain and facilitate the integration of agriculture in National Adaptation PlansThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing agriculture, forestry and fisheries in national adaptation plans (supplementary guidelines)
- PDF Addressing sustainable crop production priorities in National Adaptation Plans
- PDF Assessing agroforestry practices and soil and water conservation for climate change adaptation in Kenya: A cost-benefit analysis
- PDF Review of key national and regional policies and incentives to support adaptation and adaptive capacity in the agricultural sector
- PDF Integrating agriculture in National Adaptation Plans: Safeguarding livelihoods and promoting resilience through NAPs
- Website Integrating climate change adaptation into national agricultural strategy for smallholder agriculture. The case of Tadla-Azilal region, Morocco
- PDF Promoting synergies in addressing biodiversity and climate change adaptation issues: linking National Adaptation Plans and national biodiversity ...
- PDF Tool for integrating ecosystems into climate change adaptation planning: Linking biodiversity and ecosystems into the National Adaptation Planning ...
A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
Studies, implementation analyses and considerations for integrating the gender component in climate smart agriculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF A gender-responsive approach to climate-smart agriculture: Evidence and guidance for practitioners
- Website Gender dynamics in the adoption of climate adaptation practices: A case study in the Cauca Department of Colombia
- PDF Gender in climate-smart agriculture. Module 18 for the gender in agriculture sourcebook
- PDF Gender integration into climate-smart agriculture: Tools for data collection and analysis for policy and research
- PDF Good practices for integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment in climate-smart agriculture programmes
- PDF How to integrate gender issues in climate-smart agriculture projects: Training module
- Website Understanding gender dimensions of agriculture and climate change in smallholder farming communities
Methodologies and guidelines for technical audiences to assess, integrate and conduct climate change activities in the fishery and aquaculture sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
These resources provide a basic understanding of vulnerability as well as frameworks for assessing climate change vulnerability in different sectors.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF A framework for climate change vulnerability assessments
- PDF Assessing climate change vulnerability in fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF The assessment of climate change-related vulnerability in the agricultural sector: Reviewing conceptual frameworks