Environmental, social and economic factors such as land degradation, climate change, natural hazards, and insufficient access to infrastructure and services add to the already high exposure of mountain people to multiple risks and reduce their ability to cope with food shortages and other shocks.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
Policymaking materials such as short policy briefs and summary reports for informed nationally determined contributions in agriculture sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Come Together. Raising climate ambition in the first NDC update cycle amidst a global health crisis
- PDF The agricultural sectors in nationally determined contributions (NDCs): Priority areas for international support
- Website Presentation of the ACP – NDC online tool
A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
A wide variety of learning materials and studies for technical audiences including concepts, practices and techniques for food security, systems and production in the context of climate change in food and agriculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Actions to transform food systems under climate change
- Website Agriculture, food security and climate change: Outlook for knowledge, tools and action
- PDF Climate change: Unpacking the burden on food safety
- PDF Enhancing knowledge on climate change mitigation and adaptation for food security and nutrition
- PDF Ensuring access to safe and nutritious food for all through transformation of food systems
- PDF Measuring progress towards sustainable agriculture
- PDF Panorama of food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean
- PDF Priorities related to food value chains and the agri-food sector in the nationally determined contributions (NDCs)
- PDF The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2017: Building Resilience for Peace and Food Security
- PDF The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World – 2018
- PDF The State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA) 2016 : Climate change, agriculture and food security
- PDF The State of Food and Agriculture 2016 Info Note 1: Climate change, agriculture and food security climate change: what does it mean for ...
- PDF The future of food and agriculture – Trends and challenges
- PDF Africa: regional overview of food security and nutrition
- PDF Climate change and food security and nutrition Latin America and the Caribbean (policy guidelines)
- PDF Food systems transformation: Developing sustainable, eco-friendly, climate-smart food production along value chains in Africa
- PDF Info Note 2. The State of Food and Agriculture 2016; Climate change, agriculture and food security improved farming practices reduce impacts of ...
- PDF Pulses and climate change. Revised edition
- PDF Report on the high-level regional dialogue on the mainstreaming of biodiversity in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors
- PDF The state of food and agriculture: Adaptation
A range of materials on different components of the environment in changing ecosystems.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Nature-based solutions for agricultural water management and food security
- Website Options for water storage and rainwater harvesting to improve health and resilience against climate change in Africa
- PDF Wildlife in a changing climate
- Website CCAFS – CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security
- Website Farming first
- Website Food security and nutrition network
- PDF Forests, rangelands and climate change in southern Africa
- PDF Hand in hand with nature – Nature-based Solutions for transformative agriculture: A revision of Nature-based Solutions for the Europe and Central ...
- PDF Integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation into the watershed management approach in Eastern Africa: Discussion paper and good practices ...
These materials examine the impact of agricultural investments on climate changeThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Agriculture-related activities in the Green Climate Fund portfolio
- PDF Feeding people, protecting the planet
- PDF Accelerating investment towards carbon-neutral agrifood systems
FAO methodologies to quantify greenhouse gas emissions arising from different agricultural sources and to identify mitigation opportunities.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions ruminant supply chains: A global life cycle assessment
- Website 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- Website 2019 Refinement to the 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions and fossil energy use from poultry supply chains: Guidelines for assessment
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions and fossil energy use from small ruminant supply chains. Guidelines for assessment.
- PDF Guidance for the standardized greenhouse assessment of agriculture, forestry and other land use projects
- PDF Guidance for setting up and enhancing national technical teams for GHG inventories in developing countries
- PDF Methods for estimating greenhouse gas emissions from food systems
- PDF Smallholder dairy methodology
This collection provides a basic understanding on how climate change impacts food security and highlights the need to create robust food systems in order to overcome future challenges.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Actions to transform food systems under climate change
- PDF Climate change and food systems: Global assessments and implications for food security and trade
- PDF How to feed the world in times of pandemics and climate change? Opportunities for innovation in livestock systems
- PDF Indigenous Peoples’ food systems. Insights on sustainability and resilience from the front line of climate change
- Website Making better policies for food systems
- PDF Managing climate change risks in food systems
- PDF The State of Food and Agriculture 2016: Climate change, agriculture and food security
- Website Beyond urban: city-region food systems for resilient and sustainable development
- PDF Climate change, biodiversity and nutrition nexus
- PDF Online exchange forum. Building climate-resilient food systems based on the ten agroecology elements
Ecosystem-based adaptation is a nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to climate change. The materials presented in this section include studies, guidelines and policies for evaluating and valuing the benefits, costs and impacts of ecosystem-based adaptation measures.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Ecosystem restoration for people, nature and climate
- PDF Revisión científica del impacto del cambio climático en las plagas de las plantas
- PDF Scientific review of the impact of climate change on plant pests: A global challenge to prevent and mitigate plant-pest risks in agriculture, ...
- Website Building Climate Resilience through Ecosystem-based Adaptation Planning
- PDF Ecosystem-based adaptation in the agriculture sector: A nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to ...
- Website Guidelines for Integrating Ecosystem-based Adaptation into National Adaptation Plans: Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines
Studies describing the application of the climate-smart approach to natural resources and agriculture management systems.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Solar-powered irrigation systems: A clean-energy, low-emission option for irrigation development and modernization
- PDF Supplemental irrigation: A promising climate-smart practice for dryland agriculture
- PDF Supporting agricultural extension towards climate-smart agriculture: An overview of existing tools