These guidelines and methodologies help with the implementation of climate-smart agriculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Climate-smart agriculture
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture and the Sustainable Development Goals: Mapping interlinkages, synergies and trade-offs and guidelines for integrated ...
- Website Climate-smart agriculture global research agenda: scientific basis for action
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture sourcebook
- Website CSA Programming and Indicator Tool
- PDF How do we actually change the business as usual management of agricultural systems? A methodology for building Climate-Smart Agriculture
- PDF Synergies and trade-offs in climate-smart agriculture: An approach to systematic assessment
- Website The climate-smart agriculture implementer
These materials examine the impact of agricultural investments on climate changeThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Accelerating investment towards carbon-neutral agrifood systems
- PDF Agriculture-related activities in the Green Climate Fund portfolio
- Website Co-designing the assessment of climate change costs (COACCH)
Studies and learning materials to address climate change mitigation looking at energy solutions in agriculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Energy, agriculture and climate change: Towards energy-smart agriculture
- PDF Energy in and from agriculture in the African Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC). A review
- PDF Global observatory on non-state climate action (2020). Global synthesis report on climate action by sector
- PDF Renewable energy for agrifood chains – Investing in solar energy in Rwanda
- PDF Renewable energy for agri-food systems: Towards the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement
- PDF Solar-powered irrigation systems: A clean-energy, low-emission option for irrigation development and modernization
- PDF Walking the nexus talk: Assessing the water–energy–food nexus in the context of the sustainable energy for all initiative
Ecosystem-based adaptation is a nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to climate change. The materials presented in this section include studies, guidelines and policies for evaluating and valuing the benefits, costs and impacts of ecosystem-based adaptation measures.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Ecosystem-based adaptation in the agriculture sector: A nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to ...
- PDF Ecosystem restoration for people, nature and climate
- PDF Examen scientifique des effets des changements climatiques sur les organismes nuisibles aux végétaux. Un défi mondial à relever afin de prévenir ...
FAO methodologies to quantify greenhouse gas emissions arising from different agricultural sources and to identify mitigation opportunities.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions and fossil energy use from poultry supply chains: Guidelines for assessment
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions and fossil energy use from small ruminant supply chains. Guidelines for assessment.
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions ruminant supply chains: A global life cycle assessment
A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
Methodologies and guidelines for assessing and integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation in the agriculture sector in nationally determined contributionsThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF A common framework for agriculture and land use in the nationally determined contributions
- PDF Assessing policy gaps and opportunities in nationally determined contributions
- PDF Assessing the role of agriculture and land use in nationally determined contributions
- PDF Linking nationally determined contributions and the sustainable development goals through agriculture
- PDF Priorities related to food value chains and the agri-food sector in the nationally determined contributions (NDCs)
- PDF Projections of Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Removals: An Introductory Guide for Practitioners
A wide variety of learning materials for technical audiences on how to mitigate the impacts of climate change in the fishery and aquaculture sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Building adaptive capacity to climate change: Policies to sustain livelihoods and fisheries
- PDF Climate change adaptation for the Eastern Caribbean fisheries project “CC4FISH” launching workshop
- PDF Climate change implications for fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF FAO's work on climate change – Fisheries and aquaculture 2020
- PDF Future climate change and regional fisheries: A collaborative analysis
- PDF Impacts of climate change on fisheries and aquaculture: Synthesis of current knowledge, adaptation and mitigation options
- PDF Planning for aquaculture diversification: The importance of climate change and other drivers
- PDF Sustainable development for resilient blue growth of fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF The fisheries and aquaculture sector in national adaptation programmes of action: Importance, vulnerabilities and priorities
- PDF The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2016. Contributing to food security and nutrition for all
- PDF Virtual workshop report: Climate change adaptation in fisheries and aquaculture, 23—24 June 2020: FAO-Turkey Partnership Programme on Food and ...
The agriculture sector contributes to global greenhouse gas emissions but can also contribute to global mitigation efforts. Studies to inform policy are presented in this collection.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website AgLED Resource Platform
- PDF Comunidades rurales bajas en carbono: Aumentando la resiliencia y mitigando el cambio climático para el desarrollo rural: una experiencia en Honduras
- Website Enhancing climate change mitigation through agriculture
Resources to assist investment project formulation practitioners in incorporating climate change considerations into agricultural investment projects and programmes.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Climate finance in the agriculture and land use sector - global and regional trends between 2000 and 2018
- PDF Climate resilient practices: Typology and guiding material for climate risk screening
- PDF Incorporating climate change considerations into agricultural investment programmes. A guidance document.