A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
Resources to assist investment project formulation practitioners in incorporating climate change considerations into agricultural investment projects and programmes.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Climate Finance Toolkit for Europe and Central Asia
- PDF Climate finance in the agriculture and land use sector - global and regional trends between 2000 and 2018
- PDF Climate finance in the agriculture and land use sector between 2000-2019 - Special update
- PDF Climate resilient practices: Typology and guiding material for climate risk screening
- PDF Incorporating climate change considerations into agricultural investment programmes. A guidance document.
- PDF Info Note 3. The State of Food and Agriculture 2016. Climate change, agriculture and food security the way forward: policies and financing for ...
- PDF Making climate-sensitive investments in agriculture
A range of materials on different components of the environment in changing ecosystems.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Wildlife in a changing climate
- Website CCAFS – CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security
- Website Farming first
- Website Food security and nutrition network
- PDF Forests, rangelands and climate change in southern Africa
- PDF Hand in hand with nature – Nature-based Solutions for transformative agriculture: A revision of Nature-based Solutions for the Europe and Central ...
- PDF Integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation into the watershed management approach in Eastern Africa: Discussion paper and good practices ...
- PDF Nature-based solutions for agricultural water management and food security
- Website Options for water storage and rainwater harvesting to improve health and resilience against climate change in Africa
These materials examine the impact of agricultural investments on climate changeThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Accelerating investment towards carbon-neutral agrifood systems
- PDF Agriculture-related activities in the Green Climate Fund portfolio
- Website Co-designing the assessment of climate change costs (COACCH)
A wide range of tools to support decision-making for adaptation and modelling efficient agriculture practices.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Breed distribution model
- PDF Climate maps for the Lao People's Democratic Republic
- PDF Designing climate change adaptation initiatives: A UNDP toolkit for practitioners
- Website Food and Agriculture Policy Decision Analysis (FAPDA) tool
- PDF GCF Project Toolkit 2017. Guide to develop a project proposal for the Green Climate Fund (GCF)
- Website InVest: Integrated Valuation of Environmental Services and Trade-offs
- Website Integrated Modelling Platform for Mixed Animal Crop systems Lite Tool (IMPACT)
- Website LocClim (LOCal Climate) website and server: Local monthly climate estimator
- Website Modelling European agriculture with climate change for food security (MACSUR)
- Website Modelling System for Agricultural Impacts of Climate Change (MOSAICC)
- Website Strengthening monitoring and evaluation for adaptation in the agriculture sectors
- Website The UKCIP Adaptation Wizard
A wide variety of databases and platforms with adaptation activities, projects and plans.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Adaptation databases
- Website Knowledge tank for agriculture sectors’ adaptation to climate change
- Website National Adaptation Plans (NAPs) from developing countries
These resources provide a basic understanding of vulnerability as well as frameworks for assessing climate change vulnerability in different sectors.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF The assessment of climate change-related vulnerability in the agricultural sector: Reviewing conceptual frameworks
- PDF A framework for climate change vulnerability assessments
- PDF Assessing climate change vulnerability in fisheries and aquaculture
A wide variety of guidelines and learning modules providing information on how to formulate and implement National Adaptation Plans and to integrate them with current policy frameworks.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing fisheries and aquaculture in National Adaptation Plans. (Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines).
- PDF Addressing forestry and agroforestry in National Adaptation Plans (supplementary guidelines)
- Website CDKN planning for NDC implementation: Adaptation module
- PDF Initial guidelines for the formulation of national adaptation plans by least developed countries
- PDF National Adaptation Plan process: Water supplement to the technical guidelines
- PDF National Adaptation Plans (NAPs): Technical guidelines for the NAP process
- Website National Adaptation Plans: Supplementary materials and technical guidelines
- PDF Recommendations for aligning National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes with development and budget planning. Supplementary material to the NAP ...
- Website Stocktaking for National Adaptation Planning (SNAP): Assessing capacity for implementing NDCs
A series of learning materials related to peatlands and peatland management in the context of climate change mitigation.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
Studies and learning materials to address climate change mitigation looking at energy solutions in agriculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF A compilation of tools and methodologies to assess the sustainability of modern bioenergy
- PDF Energy in and from agriculture in the African Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC). A review
- PDF Energy, agriculture and climate change: Towards energy-smart agriculture
- PDF Global observatory on non-state climate action (2020). Global synthesis report on climate action by sector
- PDF Renewable energy for agri-food systems: Towards the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement
- PDF Renewable energy for agrifood chains – Investing in solar energy in Rwanda
- PDF Solar-powered irrigation systems: A clean-energy, low-emission option for irrigation development and modernization
- PDF Walking the nexus talk: Assessing the water–energy–food nexus in the context of the sustainable energy for all initiative