A range of materials on different components of the environment in changing ecosystems.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website CCAFS – CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security
- Website Farming first
- Website Food security and nutrition network
- PDF Forests, rangelands and climate change in southern Africa
- PDF Hand in hand with nature – Nature-based Solutions for transformative agriculture: A revision of Nature-based Solutions for the Europe and Central ...
- PDF Integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation into the watershed management approach in Eastern Africa: Discussion paper and good practices ...
- PDF Nature-based solutions for agricultural water management and food security
- Website Options for water storage and rainwater harvesting to improve health and resilience against climate change in Africa
- PDF Wildlife in a changing climate
GIEWS datasets are a valuable resource to support countries in gathering evidence for policy decisions or planning by development partners. GIEWS, together with other FAO units, has developed several web-based tools to facilitate widespread access and analysis of the data.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A wide variety of guidelines and learning modules providing information on how to formulate and implement National Adaptation Plans and to integrate them with current policy frameworks.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing fisheries and aquaculture in National Adaptation Plans. (Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines).
- PDF Addressing forestry and agroforestry in National Adaptation Plans (supplementary guidelines)
- Website CDKN planning for NDC implementation: Adaptation module
- PDF Initial guidelines for the formulation of national adaptation plans by least developed countries
- PDF National Adaptation Plan process: Water supplement to the technical guidelines
- PDF National Adaptation Plans (NAPs): Technical guidelines for the NAP process
- Website National Adaptation Plans: Supplementary materials and technical guidelines
- PDF Recommendations for aligning National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes with development and budget planning. Supplementary material to the NAP ...
- Website Stocktaking for National Adaptation Planning (SNAP): Assessing capacity for implementing NDCs
Ecosystem-based adaptation is a nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to climate change. The materials presented in this section include studies, guidelines and policies for evaluating and valuing the benefits, costs and impacts of ecosystem-based adaptation measures.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Building Climate Resilience through Ecosystem-based Adaptation Planning
- PDF Ecosystem restoration for people, nature and climate
- PDF Ecosystem-based adaptation in the agriculture sector: A nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to ...
- Website Guidelines for Integrating Ecosystem-based Adaptation into National Adaptation Plans: Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines
- PDF Revisión científica del impacto del cambio climático en las plagas de las plantas
- PDF Scientific review of the impact of climate change on plant pests: A global challenge to prevent and mitigate plant-pest risks in agriculture, ...
A collection of up-to-date articles, videos, case studies, and other relevant materials in one place, supporting stakeholders through knowledge exchange and transfer.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A wide variety of learning materials for technical audiences on how to mitigate the impacts of climate change in the fishery and aquaculture sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Building adaptive capacity to climate change: Policies to sustain livelihoods and fisheries
- PDF Climate change adaptation for the Eastern Caribbean fisheries project “CC4FISH” launching workshop
- PDF Climate change implications for fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF FAO's work on climate change – Fisheries and aquaculture 2020
- PDF Future climate change and regional fisheries: A collaborative analysis
- PDF Impacts of climate change on fisheries and aquaculture: Synthesis of current knowledge, adaptation and mitigation options
- PDF Planning for aquaculture diversification: The importance of climate change and other drivers
- PDF Sustainable development for resilient blue growth of fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2016. Contributing to food security and nutrition for all
- PDF The fisheries and aquaculture sector in national adaptation programmes of action: Importance, vulnerabilities and priorities
- PDF Virtual workshop report: Climate change adaptation in fisheries and aquaculture, 23—24 June 2020: FAO-Turkey Partnership Programme on Food and ...
Resources to help in the analysis of economic and financial aspects regarding investments to address climate change adaptation.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF A review of domestic data sources for climate finance flows in recipient countries
- Website Adaptation Gap Report 2020
- PDF Economics of adaptation toolkit
- PDF Financing National Adaptation Plan processes: Contributing to the achievement of nationally determined contribution adaptation goals
- PDF Global outlook on climate services in agriculture
- PDF Guidebook for direct access entities engaging in the Green Climate Fund accreditation process
- PDF Investing in natural capital for a sustainable future in the greater Mekong subregion
- PDF Public expenditure analysis for climate change adaptation and mitigation in the agricultural sector – A case study of Uganda
- PDF The economic advantage: Assessing the value of climate change actions in agriculture
- PDF Toolkit for value chain analysis and market development integrating climate resilience and gender responsiveness
Tools, studies and methodologies for assessing climate change vulnerability which can help climate change specialists incorporate adaptation planning into different sectors. They also allow farmers and pastoralists to self-assess and express their climate change-related concerns and interests.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF CLIMAFRICA: Climate change predictions in sub-Saharan Africa: Impacts and adaptations
- Website Compendium on methods and tools to evaluate impacts of and vulnerability and adaptation to climate change
- PDF Migration, agriculture and climate change: Reducing vulnerabilities and enhancing resilience
- PDF Regional workshop on assessing climate change vulnerability in fisheries and aquaculture
- Website Self-evaluation and Holistic Assessment of climate Resilience of farmers and Pastoralists (SHARP)
- PDF Strengthening Agro-climatic Monitoring and Information Systems (SAMIS) to improve adaptation to climate change and food security in the Lao ...
- PDF Vulnerability assessment methodologies: An annotated bibliography for climate change and the fisheries and aquaculture sector
- PDF Vulnerability sourcebook: Risk supplement
Bringing together the world’s best agricultural greenhouse gas emissions research and mitigation technologies and practices.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A wide variety of databases and platforms with adaptation activities, projects and plans.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Adaptation databases
- Website Knowledge tank for agriculture sectors’ adaptation to climate change
- Website National Adaptation Plans (NAPs) from developing countries