A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
This collection includes all materials of the Massive Open Online Course aimed to equip participants with an understanding of the interlinkages between climate change, agriculture, food security and the role of National Adaptation Plans (NAPs).The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Module 1: Introduction to climate change adaptation, agriculture and food security
- PDF Module 2: International frameworks and national adaptation planning
- PDF Module 3: Identifying and assessing climate change impacts and risks
This collection provides FAO summaries of workshop discussions undertaken by Parties and observers under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture (KJWA) roadmap.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Topic 2(a): Modalities for implementation of the outcomes of the five in-session workshops on issues related to agriculture and other future ...
- PDF Topic 2(b): Methods and approaches for assessing adaptation, adaptation co-benefits and resilience
- PDF Topic 2(c): Improved soil carbon, soil health and soil fertility under grassland and cropland as well as integrated systems, including water ...
- PDF Topic 2(d): Improved nutrient use and manure management towards sustainable and resilient agricultural systems
- PDF Topic 2(e): Improved livestock management systems, including agropastoral production systems and others
- PDF Topic 2(f): Socio-economic and food security dimensions of climate change in the agricultural sector
A wide variety of learning materials for technical audiences including toolkits, concepts, policies, practices, webinars and techniques for ensuring that risks are assessed and managed to support mainstreaming of climate and disaster resilience into key development policies, programmes, and projects in the agriculture sector and ultimately food security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Climate and disaster risk screening tools
- PDF Climate resilient practices. Typology and guiding material for climate risk screening
- PDF Climate risk assessment at community level in the agriculture sector
- PDF Disaster risk management systems analysis: A guidebook
- PDF FAO’s Damage and Loss Assessment methodology to monitor the Sendai Framework’s Indicator C2 and the Enhanced Transparency Framework (ETF)
- PDF FAO’s methodology for damage and loss assessment in agriculture
- Website Introduction to FAO's damage and loss assessment methodology
- PDF Mainstreaming climate risk management into FAO programming
- PDF National and policy climate and disaster risk screening tool
- PDF Overview of FAO’s damage and loss assessment methodology e-learning course
- Website Screening for climate change and disaster risks in development projects
- PDF The livelihood assessment toolkit. Analysing and responding to the impact of disasters on the livelihoods of people
This collection provides information on how genetic resources will have a strategic role in adapting to climate change impacts.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A range of materials to enhance gender equality in the context of adaptation to climate change impacts on agriculture and related national adaptation plans.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Video Addressing gender and climate change adaptation in Viet Nam’s agriculture sectors
- PDF Best practices and available tools for the use of indigenous and traditional knowledge and practices for adaptation, and application of ...
- Website Gender adaptation and disaster risk reduction – Policy brief
- Website Gender and adaptation planning in the agricultural sectors: The case of Uganda
- PDF Gender and climate change research in agriculture and food security for rural development
- PDF Gender mainstreaming and climate resilience in Zambia's cashew sector: Insights for adaptation planners
- PDF Making the case for gender-responsive adaptation planning in Uruguay: The importance of sex-disaggregated data
- PDF Promoting gender-responsive adaptation in the agriculture sectors: Entry points within national adaptation plans
A wide variety of studies, tools and case studies to explain and facilitate the integration of agriculture in National Adaptation PlansThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing agriculture, forestry and fisheries in national adaptation plans (supplementary guidelines)
- PDF Addressing sustainable crop production priorities in National Adaptation Plans
- PDF Assessing agroforestry practices and soil and water conservation for climate change adaptation in Kenya: A cost-benefit analysis
- PDF Integrating agriculture in National Adaptation Plans: Safeguarding livelihoods and promoting resilience through NAPs
- Website Integrating climate change adaptation into national agricultural strategy for smallholder agriculture. The case of Tadla-Azilal region, Morocco
- PDF Promoting synergies in addressing biodiversity and climate change adaptation issues: linking National Adaptation Plans and national biodiversity ...
- PDF Review of key national and regional policies and incentives to support adaptation and adaptive capacity in the agricultural sector
- PDF Tool for integrating ecosystems into climate change adaptation planning: Linking biodiversity and ecosystems into the National Adaptation Planning ...
Resources aiming to help fill the current knowledge gap on the nature and magnitude of impacts of disasters triggered by natural hazards on the agriculture, natural resources, food security and nutrition.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Hunger hotspots: FAO-WFP early warnings on acute food insecurity – March to July 2021 outlook
- PDF Managing climate risks through social protection: Reducing rural poverty and building resilient agricultural livelihoods
- PDF Resilient livelihoods: Disaster risk reduction for food and nutrition security
GAEZ is a global database for assessing agricultural resources and potential. The portal provides rapid access to GAEZ and includes maps and tabular datasets.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Adaptation to climate change and food security
- Website Agro-ecological zones (GAEZ) database
- PDF Global Agro-Ecological Zones v4 – Model documentation
Guidelines and tools on early warning systems for monitoring natural hazards. Early warning and early actions help to avoid losses in agriculture and reduce the risk of food insecurity.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold: