Environmental, social and economic factors such as land degradation, climate change, natural hazards, and insufficient access to infrastructure and services add to the already high exposure of mountain people to multiple risks and reduce their ability to cope with food shortages and other shocks.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
Policymaking materials such as short policy briefs and summary reports for informed nationally determined contributions in agriculture sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Come Together. Raising climate ambition in the first NDC update cycle amidst a global health crisis
- PDF The agricultural sectors in nationally determined contributions (NDCs): Priority areas for international support
- Website Presentation of the ACP – NDC online tool
A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
A wide variety of learning materials and studies for technical audiences including concepts, practices and techniques for food security, systems and production in the context of climate change in food and agriculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Actions to transform food systems under climate change
- PDF Africa: regional overview of food security and nutrition
- Website Agriculture, food security and climate change: Outlook for knowledge, tools and action
- PDF Climate change and food security and nutrition Latin America and the Caribbean (policy guidelines)
- PDF Climate change: Unpacking the burden on food safety
- PDF Enhancing knowledge on climate change mitigation and adaptation for food security and nutrition
- PDF Ensuring access to safe and nutritious food for all through transformation of food systems
- PDF Food systems transformation: Developing sustainable, eco-friendly, climate-smart food production along value chains in Africa
- PDF Info Note 2. The State of Food and Agriculture 2016; Climate change, agriculture and food security improved farming practices reduce impacts of ...
- PDF Pulses and climate change. Revised edition
- PDF Measuring progress towards sustainable agriculture
- PDF Panorama of food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean
- PDF Priorities related to food value chains and the agri-food sector in the nationally determined contributions (NDCs)
- PDF Report on the high-level regional dialogue on the mainstreaming of biodiversity in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors
- PDF The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2017: Building Resilience for Peace and Food Security
- PDF The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World – 2018
- PDF The State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA) 2016 : Climate change, agriculture and food security
- PDF The State of Food and Agriculture 2016 Info Note 1: Climate change, agriculture and food security climate change: what does it mean for ...
- PDF The future of food and agriculture – Trends and challenges
- PDF The state of food and agriculture: Adaptation
A range of materials on different components of the environment in changing ecosystems.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website CCAFS – CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security
- Website Farming first
- Website Food security and nutrition network
- PDF Forests, rangelands and climate change in southern Africa
- PDF Hand in hand with nature – Nature-based Solutions for transformative agriculture: A revision of Nature-based Solutions for the Europe and Central ...
- PDF Integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation into the watershed management approach in Eastern Africa: Discussion paper and good practices ...
- PDF Nature-based solutions for agricultural water management and food security
- Website Options for water storage and rainwater harvesting to improve health and resilience against climate change in Africa
- PDF Wildlife in a changing climate
These materials examine the impact of agricultural investments on climate changeThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Accelerating investment towards carbon-neutral agrifood systems
- PDF Agriculture-related activities in the Green Climate Fund portfolio
- Website Co-designing the assessment of climate change costs (COACCH)
A series of tools and databases to support climate change studies and analyses.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
FAO methodologies to quantify greenhouse gas emissions arising from different agricultural sources and to identify mitigation opportunities.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- Website 2019 Refinement to the 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions and fossil energy use from poultry supply chains: Guidelines for assessment
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions and fossil energy use from small ruminant supply chains. Guidelines for assessment.
- PDF Greenhouse gas emissions ruminant supply chains: A global life cycle assessment
- PDF Guidance for the standardized greenhouse assessment of agriculture, forestry and other land use projects
- PDF Guidance for setting up and enhancing national technical teams for GHG inventories in developing countries
- PDF Methods for estimating greenhouse gas emissions from food systems
- PDF Smallholder dairy methodology
A wide variety of guidelines and learning modules providing information on how to formulate and implement National Adaptation Plans and to integrate them with current policy frameworks.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing fisheries and aquaculture in National Adaptation Plans. (Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines).
- PDF Addressing forestry and agroforestry in National Adaptation Plans (supplementary guidelines)
- Website CDKN planning for NDC implementation: Adaptation module
- PDF Initial guidelines for the formulation of national adaptation plans by least developed countries
- PDF National Adaptation Plan process: Water supplement to the technical guidelines
- PDF National Adaptation Plans (NAPs): Technical guidelines for the NAP process
- Website National Adaptation Plans: Supplementary materials and technical guidelines
- PDF Recommendations for aligning National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes with development and budget planning. Supplementary material to the NAP ...
- Website Stocktaking for National Adaptation Planning (SNAP): Assessing capacity for implementing NDCs
This collection provides all resources related to Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture topic 2(d) – improved nutrient use and manure management towards sustainable and resilient agricultural systemsThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF FAO submission on topic Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture (KJWA) 2(d)
- PDF Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture: Analysis of submissions on topics 2(d)
- Video Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture: views from Parties and observers on topic 2(d)