Practical and in-depth analysis on managing crises and improving resilience of agriculture livelihoods.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Building Climate Resilience through Ecosystem-based Adaptation Planning
- PDF Building climate-resilient dryland forests and agrosilvopastoral production systems
- PDF Green and climate resilient agriculture
- Website Guidelines for Integrating Ecosystem-based Adaptation into National Adaptation Plans: Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines
- PDF Increasing the resilience of agricultural livelihoods
- PDF Strengthening resilience to threats and crises
- PDF Terminal evaluation of the project “Reducing vulnerability and increasing adaptive capacity to respond to impacts of climate change and ...
- PDF The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2017: Building Resilience for Peace and Food Security
A wide variety of learning materials, and studies for technical audiences including concepts, practices, and techniques for food security, food systems and agricultural production in the context of climate change.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Adapting to climate change – what does this mean for the pineapple and avocado industry?
- Website Climate change and Pacific Island food systems
- PDF Climate change impacts and adaptation options in the agrifood system
- PDF How can trade and trade policies help shape adaptation to climate change?
- Website Prediction of seasonal climate-induced variations in global food production
- Website Reducing risks to food security from climate change
- PDF Report of the Working Group on Climate Change of the FAO Intergovernmental Group on Tea
- PDF Systematic review: Approach to identifying key trends in adaptation governance at the supranational level.
A wide variety of learning materials for technical audiences including concepts, policies, practices, and techniques for climate change adaptation in the agriculture sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Adaptation Learning Program for Africa
- PDF Advancing on monitoring and evaluation for adaptation in the agriculture sectors
- Website African Handbook of Climate Change Adaptation
A wide variety of learning materials for technical audiences on how to mitigate the impacts of climate change in the fishery and aquaculture sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Building adaptive capacity to climate change: Policies to sustain livelihoods and fisheries
- PDF Cambio climático, pesca y acuicultura
- PDF Climate change adaptation for the Eastern Caribbean fisheries project “CC4FISH” launching workshop
- PDF Climate change implications for fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF FAO's work on climate change – Fisheries and aquaculture 2020
- PDF Future climate change and regional fisheries: A collaborative analysis
- PDF Impacts of climate change on fisheries and aquaculture: Synthesis of current knowledge, adaptation and mitigation options
- PDF Planning for aquaculture diversification: The importance of climate change and other drivers
- PDF Sustainable development for resilient blue growth of fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2016. Contributing to food security and nutrition for all
- PDF The fisheries and aquaculture sector in national adaptation programmes of action: Importance, vulnerabilities and priorities
- PDF Virtual workshop report: Climate change adaptation in fisheries and aquaculture, 23—24 June 2020: FAO-Turkey Partnership Programme on Food and ...
Tools, studies and methodologies for assessing climate change vulnerability which can help climate change specialists incorporate adaptation planning into different sectors. They also allow farmers and pastoralists to self-assess and express their climate change-related concerns and interests.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Atlas of agricultural livelihoods and climate risk of the Lao People's Democratic Republic 2019–2020
- PDF CLIMAFRICA: Climate change predictions in sub-Saharan Africa: Impacts and adaptations
- Website Compendium on methods and tools to evaluate impacts of and vulnerability and adaptation to climate change
- PDF Delivery of climate services to last mile users: challenges and opportunities for scaling
- PDF Migration, agriculture and climate change: Reducing vulnerabilities and enhancing resilience
- PDF Regional workshop on assessing climate change vulnerability in fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF Report of the vulnerability and capacity assessments in coastal and fishing communities in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- PDF Report of vulnerability and capacity assessments in coastal and fishing communities in Grenada
- PDF Self-evaluation and Holistic Assessment of Climate Resilience of Farmers and Pastoralists (SHARP)
- Website Self-evaluation and Holistic Assessment of climate Resilience of farmers and Pastoralists (SHARP)
- PDF Strengthening Agro-climatic Monitoring and Information Systems (SAMIS) to improve adaptation to climate change and food security in the Lao ...
- PDF Vulnerability assessment methodologies: An annotated bibliography for climate change and the fisheries and aquaculture sector
- PDF Vulnerability sourcebook: Risk supplement
- PDF Terminal evaluation of the project "Mainstreaming ecosystem-based approaches to climate-resilient rural livelihoods in vulnerable rural areas ...
E-learning courses, webinars, and reports to build capacity in climate change adaptation.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Adapting to climate variability and change
- Website Agroforestry and conservation agriculture webinar series
- PDF Bringing climate change adaptation into farmer field schools
- Website Incorporating climate change considerations into agricultural investment programmes
- PDF Report of the Regional Training Workshop on Climate Change Adaptation Planning
- Website Scaling up of adaptation in the agricultural sectors (SAAS) webinar series
- PDF Soluciones agroambientales para la agenda de desarrollo en países del Sistema de la Integración Centroamericana (SICA). Experiencias de los países ...
- PDF State of the global climate 2020
- PDF The State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA) 2016 : Climate change, agriculture and food security
- PDF Youth in motion for climate action! A compilation of youth initiatives in agriculture to address the impacts of climate change
This collection provides information on how genetic resources will have a strategic role in adapting to climate change impacts.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Biodiversity for food and agriculture: A treasure for the future
- PDF Coping with climate change – The roles of genetic resources for food and agriculture
- PDF Voluntary guidelines to support the integration of genetic diversity into national climate change adaptation planning
These resources provide a basic understanding of vulnerability as well as frameworks for assessing climate change vulnerability in different sectors.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF A framework for climate change vulnerability assessments
- PDF Assessing climate change vulnerability in fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF The assessment of climate change-related vulnerability in the agricultural sector: Reviewing conceptual frameworks
A wide variety of learning materials, guidelines, methodologies and studies on gender in the context of climate change adaptation.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Building Capacities to Develop Gender-Sensitive Climate Change Adaptation Proposals for Funding Consideration in Caribbean Small Island Developing ...
- PDF Climate resilience and disaster risk analysis for gender-sensitive value chains
- PDF Farmers in a changing climate Does gender matter?
- Video Flexible Multi-Partner Mechanism
- PDF Gender in adaptation planning for the agriculture sectors: Guide for trainers
- PDF Gender, agrifood value chains and climate-resilient agriculture in Small Island Developing States
- Video International Women Day 2022: Agri-food-systems facing climate change in the MENA region
- PDF Leaving no one behind. The African regional outlook on gender and agrifood systems
- PDF Tackling climate change through rural women’s empowerment
- PDF Training guide: Gender in adaptation planning for the agriculture sectors
The database consists of published reports and proceedings from workshops and expert meetings within the scope of IPCC work programme that have IPCC recognition and material commissioned by Working Groups in support of IPCC assessment process which IPCC decides should have wide dissemination.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold: