Ecosystem-based adaptation is a nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to climate change. The materials presented in this section include studies, guidelines and policies for evaluating and valuing the benefits, costs and impacts of ecosystem-based adaptation measures.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Ecosystem-based adaptation in the agriculture sector: A nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to ...
- PDF Ecosystem restoration for people, nature and climate
- PDF Examen scientifique des effets des changements climatiques sur les organismes nuisibles aux végétaux. Un défi mondial à relever afin de prévenir ...
A wide variety of studies, tools and case studies to explain and facilitate the integration of agriculture in National Adaptation PlansThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing agriculture, forestry and fisheries in national adaptation plans (supplementary guidelines)
- PDF Addressing sustainable crop production priorities in National Adaptation Plans
- PDF Assessing agroforestry practices and soil and water conservation for climate change adaptation in Kenya: A cost-benefit analysis
- PDF Integrating agriculture in National Adaptation Plans: Safeguarding livelihoods and promoting resilience through NAPs
- Website Integrating climate change adaptation into national agricultural strategy for smallholder agriculture. The case of Tadla-Azilal region, Morocco
- PDF Promoting synergies in addressing biodiversity and climate change adaptation issues: linking National Adaptation Plans and national biodiversity ...
- PDF Review of key national and regional policies and incentives to support adaptation and adaptive capacity in the agricultural sector
- PDF Tool for integrating ecosystems into climate change adaptation planning: Linking biodiversity and ecosystems into the National Adaptation Planning ...
This collection provides a general overview of FAO's work on climate change at the global, regional and national level.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Adaptation in the agriculture sectors: leveraging co-benefits for mitigation and sustainable development
- Website Addressing agricultural sector open burning: Results and lessons learned from the climate and clean air coalition no-burn alternative ...
- PDF Climate change and the global dairy cattle sector
- PDF FAO in Latin America and the Caribbean 2019
- PDF FAO in the Philippines: Delivering for impact
- PDF FAO’s work on climate change: Fisheries & aquaculture 2019
- PDF FAO’s work on climate change: United Nations Climate Change Conference 2019
- PDF Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment
- PDF Tackling climate change through rural women’s empowerment
- PDF The state of agricultural commodity markets: Agricultural trade, climate change and food security
This collection of policy and action recommendations help countries build capacity related to the Paris Agreement.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Action Recommendations on Adaptation Communications
- PDF Recommendations on Capacity Building for Access to Finance
- PDF Recommendations on capacity building for inclusive and ambitious global carbon market participation in support of the Paris Agreement
This collection contains valuable resources to support climate change policymaking in the food security, agriculture and gender sectors.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Cost-benefit analysis for climate change adaptation policies and investments in the agriculture sectors
- PDF Guía de análisis costo-beneficio Aplicación para medidas de adaptación al cambio climático en el sector agropecuario en Uruguay
- PDF Institutional capacity assessment approach for national adaptation planning in the agriculture sectors
A wide variety of learning materials for providing the basic understanding of cross-cutting issues in the relationship of livestock and climate change.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
The database consists of published reports and proceedings from workshops and expert meetings within the scope of the IPCC work programme
Climate-smart agriculture country experiences: a variety of cross-cutting activities and practices.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Assessing the profitability and feasibility of climate-smart agriculture investment in Southern Malawi: Understanding the costs and benefits in a ...
- PDF Barriers, incentives and benefits in the adoption of climate-smart agriculture. Lessons from the MICCA pilot project in Kenya
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture. Case studies 2018. Successful approaches from different regions
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture case studies 2021 – Projects from around the world
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture guidelines for the United Republic of Tanzania
- Website Climate-smart agriculture in action
- Website Climate-smart agriculture success stories: From farming communities around the world
- Website Climate-smart soil, water and nutrient management options in semiarid West Africa: a review of evidence and analysis of stone bunds and zaï techniques
- PDF Eastern Africa climate-smart agriculture scoping study: Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda
- PDF Enabling farmers to face climate change: Second cycle of the benefit-sharing fund projects
- PDF Ethiopia climate-smart agriculture scoping study
- Website Integrated monitoring framework for climate-smart agriculture: Hoima climate-smart villages, Uganda
- Website Kenya country experience in reducing the GHG balance of the livestock production systems
- PDF Maasai communities in Kenya adapting to climate change by adopting smart-agriculture practices
- PDF Overview of the scientific, political and financial landscape of climate-smart agriculture in West Africa
- PDF Planning, implementing and evaluating climate-smart sgriculture in smallholder farming systems. The experience of the MICCA pilot projects in ...
- PDF Quesungual & Kuxur Rum: Ancestral agroforestry systems in the Dry Corridor of Central America
- PDF Sustainable production intensification and value chain development in Africa
- Website The Rural Household Multi-Indicator Survey (RHoMIS) for rapid characterisation of households to inform climate smart agriculture interventions: ...