This resource collection contains methodologies and guidelines related to policymaking for tackling climate change in the forestry sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A range of materials on different components of the environment in changing ecosystems.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website CCAFS – CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security
- Website Farming first
- Website Food security and nutrition network
- PDF Forests, rangelands and climate change in southern Africa
- PDF Hand in hand with nature – Nature-based Solutions for transformative agriculture: A revision of Nature-based Solutions for the Europe and Central ...
- PDF Integrating agro-ecological approaches to increase resilience to climate change and improve sustainable food system in West Africa and the Sahel
- PDF Integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation into the watershed management approach in Eastern Africa: Discussion paper and good practices ...
- PDF Nature-based solutions for agricultural water management and food security
- Website Options for water storage and rainwater harvesting to improve health and resilience against climate change in Africa
- PDF Wildlife in a changing climate
A range of examples and practices on how to integrate climate change concerns to fisheries and aquaculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Assessment of the integration of fisheries and aquaculture in policy development framework and application in Africa
- PDF Climate change adaptation in fisheries and aquaculture: Compilation of initial examples
- PDF Climate change implications for fisheries of the Benguela Current Region. Making the best of change
- PDF Building adaptive capacity to climate change: Policies to sustain livelihoods and fisheries
- PDF Lessons learned and public policy recommendations on adaptation to climate change in artisanal fisheries and small-scale aquaculture in Chile. ...
- PDF Protocol on climate change adaptation and disaster risk management in fisheries and aquaculture in the Caribbean
- PDF Report of the workshop on development of aquaculture insurance system for small-scale farmers
- PDF Social protection and sustainable natural resource management: Initial findings and good practices from small-scale fisheries
A range of case studies, frameworks, and methodologies for implementing best practices for community-based adaptation to climate changeThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Caribbean Strategy for Climate-Resilient Forests and Rural Livelihoods
- PDF Climate change impact on crop production in Sri Lanka
- Website Community-based adaptation exchange (CBA-X)
- Website Ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) in action: The case of forestry
- PDF Final evaluation of the project "Strengthening resilience to climate change through integrated agricultural and pastoral management in the ...
- PDF Framework of milestones and indicators for community-based adaptation
- Website Participatory survey methods for gathering information
Resources to help in the analysis of economic and financial aspects regarding investments to address climate change adaptation.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF A review of domestic data sources for climate finance flows in recipient countries
- Website Adaptation Gap Report 2020
- Website Adaptation Gap Report 2021
- PDF Economics of adaptation toolkit
- PDF Financing National Adaptation Plan processes: Contributing to the achievement of nationally determined contribution adaptation goals
- PDF Global outlook on climate services in agriculture
- PDF Guidebook for direct access entities engaging in the Green Climate Fund accreditation process
- PDF Investing in natural capital for a sustainable future in the greater Mekong subregion
- PDF Public expenditure analysis for climate change adaptation and mitigation in the agricultural sector – A case study of Uganda
- PDF The economic advantage: Assessing the value of climate change actions in agriculture
- PDF Toolkit for value chain analysis and market development integrating climate resilience and gender responsiveness
A wide variety of learning materials and studies for technical audiences including concepts, practices, and techniques for food security, systems and production in the context of climate change adaptation in different countries.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Bridging the gap: How to get climate services to farmers
- PDF Climate change impacts on crops in Sri Lanka
- PDF Report of the Working Group on Climate Change of the FAO Intergovernmental Group on Tea
Ecosystem-based adaptation is a nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to climate change. The materials presented in this section include studies, guidelines and policies for evaluating and valuing the benefits, costs and impacts of ecosystem-based adaptation measures.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Building Climate Resilience through Ecosystem-based Adaptation Planning
- PDF Ecosystem restoration for people, nature and climate
- PDF Ecosystem-based adaptation in the agriculture sector: A nature-based solution for building the resilience of the food and agriculture sector to ...
- Website Guidelines for Integrating Ecosystem-based Adaptation into National Adaptation Plans: Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines
- PDF Revisión científica del impacto del cambio climático en las plagas de las plantas
- PDF Scientific review of the impact of climate change on plant pests: A global challenge to prevent and mitigate plant-pest risks in agriculture, ...
A wide variety of studies, tools and case studies to explain and facilitate the integration of agriculture in National Adaptation PlansThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing agriculture, forestry and fisheries in national adaptation plans (supplementary guidelines)
- PDF Addressing sustainable crop production priorities in National Adaptation Plans
- PDF Assessing agroforestry practices and soil and water conservation for climate change adaptation in Kenya: A cost-benefit analysis
- PDF Integrating agriculture in National Adaptation Plans: Safeguarding livelihoods and promoting resilience through NAPs
- Website Integrating climate change adaptation into national agricultural strategy for smallholder agriculture. The case of Tadla-Azilal region, Morocco
- PDF Promoting synergies in addressing biodiversity and climate change adaptation issues: linking National Adaptation Plans and national biodiversity ...
- PDF Review of key national and regional policies and incentives to support adaptation and adaptive capacity in the agricultural sector
- PDF Tool for integrating ecosystems into climate change adaptation planning: Linking biodiversity and ecosystems into the National Adaptation Planning ...
A collection of materials illustrating country-based applications and examples on climate change activities related to aquaculture and fisheries are provided in this section.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
Tools, studies and methodologies for assessing climate change vulnerability which can help climate change specialists incorporate adaptation planning into different sectors. They also allow farmers and pastoralists to self-assess and express their climate change-related concerns and interests.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Atlas of agricultural livelihoods and climate risk of the Lao People's Democratic Republic 2019–2020
- PDF CLIMAFRICA: Climate change predictions in sub-Saharan Africa: Impacts and adaptations
- Website Compendium on methods and tools to evaluate impacts of and vulnerability and adaptation to climate change
- PDF Delivery of climate services to last mile users: challenges and opportunities for scaling
- PDF Migration, agriculture and climate change: Reducing vulnerabilities and enhancing resilience
- PDF Regional workshop on assessing climate change vulnerability in fisheries and aquaculture
- PDF Report of the vulnerability and capacity assessments in coastal and fishing communities in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- PDF Self-evaluation and Holistic Assessment of Climate Resilience of Farmers and Pastoralists (SHARP)
- Website Self-evaluation and Holistic Assessment of climate Resilience of farmers and Pastoralists (SHARP)
- PDF Strengthening Agro-climatic Monitoring and Information Systems (SAMIS) to improve adaptation to climate change and food security in the Lao ...
- PDF Terminal evaluation of the project "Mainstreaming ecosystem-based approaches to climate-resilient rural livelihoods in vulnerable rural areas ...
- PDF Vulnerability assessment methodologies: An annotated bibliography for climate change and the fisheries and aquaculture sector
- PDF Vulnerability sourcebook: Risk supplement