Resources in this collection provide quantitative evidence of trends in agriculture-related investment to prevention and preparedness, reconstruction, relief, and rehabilitation, as well as emergency response measures at global and regional levels.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
A wide variety of learning materials and studies for technical audiences including concepts, practices and techniques for food security, systems and production in the context of climate change in food and agriculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Africa: regional overview of food security and nutrition
- PDF Priorities related to food value chains and the agri-food sector in the nationally determined contributions (NDCs)
- PDF Report on the high-level regional dialogue on the mainstreaming of biodiversity in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors
- PDF Actions to transform food systems under climate change
- PDF Climate change: Unpacking the burden on food safety
- PDF Ensuring access to safe and nutritious food for all through transformation of food systems
- PDF Food systems transformation: Developing sustainable, eco-friendly, climate-smart food production along value chains in Africa
- PDF Info Note 2. The State of Food and Agriculture 2016; Climate change, agriculture and food security improved farming practices reduce impacts of ...
- PDF Info Note 3. The State of Food and Agriculture 2016. Climate change, agriculture and food security the way forward: policies and financing for ...
- PDF Pulses and climate change. Revised edition
- PDF Measuring progress towards sustainable agriculture
- PDF The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2017: Building Resilience for Peace and Food Security
- PDF The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World – 2018
- PDF The State of Food and Agriculture (SOFA) 2016 : Climate change, agriculture and food security
- PDF The State of Food and Agriculture 2016 Info Note 1: Climate change, agriculture and food security climate change: what does it mean for ...
- PDF The future of food and agriculture – Trends and challenges
- PDF The state of food and agriculture: Adaptation
Various resources that explore the relationship between climate change and food safety.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Food safety – climate change and the role of WHO (summary)
- PDF Climate change and food security: risks and responses
- Website Climate change is making our food less safe
A wide range of tools to support decision-making for adaptation and modelling efficient agriculture practices.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Breed distribution model
- PDF Climate maps for the Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Website Food and Agriculture Policy Decision Analysis (FAPDA) tool
- Website Integrated Modelling Platform for Mixed Animal Crop systems Lite Tool (IMPACT)
- Website LocClim (LOCal Climate) website and server: Local monthly climate estimator
- Website Modelling System for Agricultural Impacts of Climate Change (MOSAICC)
- Website Strengthening monitoring and evaluation for adaptation in the agriculture sectors
Resources related to combating drought and desertification.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website UNCCD capacity building training fair Georgetown (Guyana) 25–26 Jan 2019 – Presentations
- PDF Handbook of drought indicators and indices
- Video RECLIMA contributes to minimizing desertification and drought in El Salvador
This collection provides a general overview of FAO's work on climate change at the global, regional and national level.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Climate change and the global dairy cattle sector
- PDF FAO in Latin America and the Caribbean 2019
- PDF FAO’s work on climate change: Fisheries & aquaculture 2019
- PDF FAO’s work on climate change: United Nations Climate Change Conference 2019
- PDF Adaptation in the agriculture sectors: leveraging co-benefits for mitigation and sustainable development
- Website Addressing agricultural sector open burning: Results and lessons learned from the climate and clean air coalition no-burn alternative ...
- PDF FAO in the Philippines: Delivering for impact
- PDF Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment
- PDF Tackling climate change through rural women’s empowerment
- PDF The state of agricultural commodity markets: Agricultural trade, climate change and food security
Resources on how inclusive social protection strategies can safeguard the livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable and increase their resilience to climate change.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Social protection and resilience: Supporting livelihoods in protracted crises and in fragile and humanitarian contexts
- PDF Extending social protection to rural populations: Perspectives for a common FAO and ILO approach – Executive summary
- Website Managing climate risks through social protection
Methodologies, guidelines and training modules on how to conduct climate change reporting activities specifically in the forestry sector.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website REDD+ MRV training modules
- PDF From reference levels to results reporting: REDD+ under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- PDF National forest monitoring systems: Monitoring and measurement, reporting and verification in the context of REDD+ activities
A wide variety of materials helping in understanding the Enhanced Transparency Framework requirements under the Paris Agreement.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Meeting the enhanced transparency framework: what next for the LDCs?
- PDF Next steps under the Paris Agreement and the Katowice Climate Package
- PDF Addendum to the Technical handbook for developing country Parties on preparing for implementation of the enhanced transparency framework under the ...
- PDF Can developing countries meet the reporting requirements under the Paris Agreement?: insights from biennial update report (BUR) analysis
- Video ETF and MPGs
- PDF Empowering youth to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement
- PDF Flexibility and capacity building towards enhanced transparency under the Paris Agreement
- PDF Handbook on institutional arrangements to support MRV/transparency of climate action and support
- PDF Implementing the Paris Agreement: LDC gaps and needs in greenhouse gas inventory reporting
- PDF Preparing for implementation of the enhanced transparency framework under the Paris Agreement
- PDF Understanding the Transparency Guidance