A wide variety of guidelines and learning modules providing information on how to formulate and implement National Adaptation Plans and to integrate them with current policy frameworks.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF National Adaptation Plans (NAPs): Technical guidelines for the NAP process
- PDF Addressing fisheries and aquaculture in National Adaptation Plans. (Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines).
- PDF Addressing forestry and agroforestry in National Adaptation Plans (supplementary guidelines)
- Website CDKN planning for NDC implementation: Adaptation module
- PDF Initial guidelines for the formulation of national adaptation plans by least developed countries
- PDF National Adaptation Plan process: Water supplement to the technical guidelines
- Website National Adaptation Plans: Supplementary materials and technical guidelines
- PDF Recommendations for aligning National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes with development and budget planning. Supplementary material to the NAP ...
- Website Stocktaking for National Adaptation Planning (SNAP): Assessing capacity for implementing NDCs
A series of learning materials related to peatlands and peatland management in the context of climate change mitigation.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A wide variety of databases and platforms with adaptation activities, projects and plans.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website National Adaptation Programmes of Action (NAPA) priorities database
- Website Adaptation databases
- Website Knowledge tank for agriculture sectors’ adaptation to climate change
Studies and learning materials to address climate change mitigation looking at energy solutions in agriculture.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF A compilation of tools and methodologies to assess the sustainability of modern bioenergy
- PDF Energy in and from agriculture in the African Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC). A review
- PDF Energy, agriculture and climate change: Towards energy-smart agriculture
- PDF Global observatory on non-state climate action (2020). Global synthesis report on climate action by sector
- PDF Renewable energy for agri-food systems: Towards the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement
- PDF Renewable energy for agrifood chains – Investing in solar energy in Rwanda
- PDF Solar-powered irrigation systems: A clean-energy, low-emission option for irrigation development and modernization
- PDF Walking the nexus talk: Assessing the water–energy–food nexus in the context of the sustainable energy for all initiative
A wide variety of tools and e-learning courses for building capacity on the community-based adaptation approach.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF The Community-based Risk Screening Tool - Adaptation and Livelihoods (CRiSTAL)
- PDF Building resilience to climate change
- Website Community based adaptation to climate change
These materials examine the impact of agricultural investments on climate changeThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Incorporating climate change considerations into agricultural investment programmes. A guidance document.
- PDF Accelerating investment towards carbon-neutral agrifood systems
- PDF Agriculture-related activities in the Green Climate Fund portfolio
GAEZ is a global database for assessing agricultural resources and potential. The portal provides rapid access to GAEZ and includes maps and tabular datasets.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Agro-ecological zones (GAEZ) database
- PDF Adaptation to climate change and food security
- PDF Global Agro-Ecological Zones v4 – Model documentation
A wide range of tools to support decision-making for adaptation and modelling efficient agriculture practices.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Modelling European agriculture with climate change for food security (MACSUR)
- Website Breed distribution model
- PDF Climate maps for the Lao People's Democratic Republic
- PDF Designing climate change adaptation initiatives: A UNDP toolkit for practitioners
- Website Food and Agriculture Policy Decision Analysis (FAPDA) tool
- PDF GCF Project Toolkit 2017. Guide to develop a project proposal for the Green Climate Fund (GCF)
- Website InVest: Integrated Valuation of Environmental Services and Trade-offs
- Website Integrated Modelling Platform for Mixed Animal Crop systems Lite Tool (IMPACT)
- Website LocClim (LOCal Climate) website and server: Local monthly climate estimator
- Website Modelling System for Agricultural Impacts of Climate Change (MOSAICC)
- Website Strengthening monitoring and evaluation for adaptation in the agriculture sectors
- Website The UKCIP Adaptation Wizard
A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
A range of materials on different components of the environment in changing ecosystems.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Wildlife in a changing climate
- Website CCAFS – CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security
- Website Farming first
- Website Food security and nutrition network
- PDF Forests, rangelands and climate change in southern Africa
- PDF Hand in hand with nature – Nature-based Solutions for transformative agriculture: A revision of Nature-based Solutions for the Europe and Central ...
- PDF Integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation into the watershed management approach in Eastern Africa: Discussion paper and good practices ...
- PDF Nature-based solutions for agricultural water management and food security
- Website Options for water storage and rainwater harvesting to improve health and resilience against climate change in Africa