A wide variety of resources for understanding the concept of disaster risk reduction and progress made.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A wide variety of learning materials for technical audiences including toolkits, concepts, policies, practices, webinars and techniques for ensuring that risks are assessed and managed to support mainstreaming of climate and disaster resilience into key development policies, programmes, and projects in the agriculture sector and ultimately food security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Climate and disaster risk screening tools
- PDF Climate resilient practices. Typology and guiding material for climate risk screening
- PDF Climate risk assessment at community level in the agriculture sector
- PDF Disaster risk management systems analysis: A guidebook
- PDF FAO’s Damage and Loss Assessment methodology to monitor the Sendai Framework’s Indicator C2 and the Enhanced Transparency Framework (ETF)
- PDF FAO’s methodology for damage and loss assessment in agriculture
- Website Introduction to FAO's damage and loss assessment methodology
- PDF Mainstreaming climate risk management into FAO programming
- PDF National and policy climate and disaster risk screening tool
- PDF Overview of FAO’s damage and loss assessment methodology e-learning course
- Website Screening for climate change and disaster risks in development projects
- PDF The livelihood assessment toolkit. Analysing and responding to the impact of disasters on the livelihoods of people
A range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
A wide variety of guidelines and learning modules providing information on how to formulate and implement National Adaptation Plans and to integrate them with current policy frameworks.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Addressing fisheries and aquaculture in National Adaptation Plans. (Supplement to the UNFCCC NAP Technical Guidelines).
- PDF Addressing forestry and agroforestry in National Adaptation Plans (supplementary guidelines)
- Website CDKN planning for NDC implementation: Adaptation module
- PDF Initial guidelines for the formulation of national adaptation plans by least developed countries
- PDF National Adaptation Plan process: Water supplement to the technical guidelines
- PDF National Adaptation Plans (NAPs): Technical guidelines for the NAP process
- Website National Adaptation Plans: Supplementary materials and technical guidelines
- PDF Recommendations for aligning National Adaptation Plan (NAP) processes with development and budget planning. Supplementary material to the NAP ...
- Website Stocktaking for National Adaptation Planning (SNAP): Assessing capacity for implementing NDCs
This collection provides FAO summaries of workshop discussions undertaken by Parties and observers under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture (KJWA) roadmap.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Topic 2(a): Modalities for implementation of the outcomes of the five in-session workshops on issues related to agriculture and other future ...
- PDF Topic 2(b): Methods and approaches for assessing adaptation, adaptation co-benefits and resilience
- PDF Topic 2(c): Improved soil carbon, soil health and soil fertility under grassland and cropland as well as integrated systems, including water ...
- PDF Topic 2(d): Improved nutrient use and manure management towards sustainable and resilient agricultural systems
- PDF Topic 2(e): Improved livestock management systems, including agropastoral production systems and others
- PDF Topic 2(f): Socio-economic and food security dimensions of climate change in the agricultural sector
GAEZ is a global database for assessing agricultural resources and potential. The portal provides rapid access to GAEZ and includes maps and tabular datasets.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Adaptation to climate change and food security
- Website Agro-ecological zones (GAEZ) database
- PDF Global Agro-Ecological Zones v4 – Model documentation
A range of training materials for expanding knowledge and technical capacity on National Adaptation Plans.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
A wide variety of learning materials, guidelines, methodologies and studies on gender in the context of climate change adaptation.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Gender in adaptation planning for the agriculture sectors: Guide for trainers
- PDF Leaving no one behind. The African regional outlook on gender and agrifood systems
- PDF Tackling climate change through rural women’s empowerment
A collection of up-to-date articles, videos, case studies, and other relevant materials in one place, supporting stakeholders through knowledge exchange and transfer.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
This collection provides information on how genetic resources will have a strategic role in adapting to climate change impacts.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold: