Country experiences with climate-smart agricultureClimate-smart agriculture country experiences: a variety of cross-cutting activities and practices.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Assessing the profitability and feasibility of climate-smart agriculture investment in Southern Malawi: Understanding the costs and benefits in a ...
- PDF Barriers, incentives and benefits in the adoption of climate-smart agriculture. Lessons from the MICCA pilot project in Kenya
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture case studies 2021 – Projects from around the world
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture guidelines for the United Republic of Tanzania
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture in China
- Website Climate-smart agriculture in action
- Website Climate-smart agriculture success stories: From farming communities around the world
- PDF Climate-smart agriculture. Case studies 2018. Successful approaches from different regions
- Website Climate-smart soil, water and nutrient management options in semiarid West Africa: a review of evidence and analysis of stone bunds and zaï techniques
- PDF Eastern Africa Climate-Smart Agriculture Scoping Study: Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda
- PDF Eastern Africa climate-smart agriculture scoping study: Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda
- PDF Enabling farmers to face climate change: Second cycle of the benefit-sharing fund projects
- PDF Ethiopia climate-smart agriculture scoping study
- Website Integrated monitoring framework for climate-smart agriculture: Hoima climate-smart villages, Uganda
- Website Kenya country experience in reducing the GHG balance of the livestock production systems
- PDF Kenya's Tea Sector under Climate Change
- PDF Maasai communities in Kenya adapting to climate change by adopting smart-agriculture practices
- PDF Overview of the scientific, political and financial landscape of climate-smart agriculture in West Africa
- PDF Planning, implementing and evaluating climate-smart sgriculture in smallholder farming systems. The experience of the MICCA pilot projects in ...
- PDF Quesungual & Kuxur Rum: Ancestral agroforestry systems in the Dry Corridor of Central America
- PDF Sustainable production intensification and value chain development in Africa
- Website The Rural Household Multi-Indicator Survey (RHoMIS) for rapid characterisation of households to inform climate smart agriculture interventions: ...
- PDF Towards climate-smart agriculture in Egypt
- PDF Transforming agriculture in Africa’s Small Island Developing States
Learning from experiences on disaster risk reduction and managementA range of studies and analyses presenting work and strategies for disaster risk management for the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Building resilience to climate change-related and other disasters in Ethiopia
- PDF Characterization of agricultural drought-prone areas on a global scale
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Albania
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Montenegro
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for agriculture in Serbia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction and management system for the agriculture sector – North Macedonia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction system for the agricultural sector in Armenia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction system for the agricultural sector in Azerbaijan
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction system for the agricultural sector in Belarus
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction system for the agricultural sector in Georgia
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction system for the agricultural sector in Kazakhstan
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction system for the agricultural sector in Kyrgyzstan
- PDF Comprehensive analysis of the disaster risk reduction system for the agricultural sector in Tajikistan
- Website Controlling floods and droughts through underground storage: from concept to pilot implementation in the Ganges River Basin.
- PDF Disaster Risk Reduction and agriculture sector interrelated planning processes: Lessons learnt
- PDF Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific. An institutional and policy analysis
- PDF Disaster risk reduction: Strengthening livelihood resilience
- PDF Enhancing Farmers Information System for Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) in Agriculture and Fisheries
- PDF Metodología para el monitoreo y evaluación de buenas prácticas en agricultura para la adaptación al cambio climático y la gestión integral del ...
- PDF Plan of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Agriculture 2014–2018, Cambodia
- PDF Regional strategy for disaster risk management in the agriculture sector and food and nutrition security in Latin America and the Caribbean (2018 ...
- PDF Supporting water and soil rehabilitation for improved climate resilience in the Islamic Republic of Iran. To enhance the resilience of rural ...
Mainstreaming gender in national adaptation plansA range of materials to enhance gender equality in the context of adaptation to climate change impacts on agriculture and related national adaptation plans.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Video Addressing gender and climate change adaptation in Viet Nam’s agriculture sectors
- PDF Best practices and available tools for the use of indigenous and traditional knowledge and practices for adaptation, and application of ...
- Website Gender adaptation and disaster risk reduction – Policy brief
- PDF Gender and Inclusion Toolbox: Participatory Research in Climate
- Website Gender and adaptation planning in the agricultural sectors: The case of Uganda
- PDF Gender and climate change research in agriculture and food security for rural development
- PDF Gender mainstreaming and climate resilience in Zambia's cashew sector: Insights for adaptation planners
- PDF Making the case for gender-responsive adaptation planning in Uruguay: The importance of sex-disaggregated data
- PDF Promoting gender-responsive adaptation in the agriculture sectors: Entry points within national adaptation plans
Enhancing the implementation of community-based adaptation to climate changeA range of case studies, frameworks, and methodologies for implementing best practices for community-based adaptation to climate changeThe most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Can food aid relax farmers’ constraints to adopting climate-adaptive agricultural practices?
- PDF Caribbean Strategy for Climate-Resilient Forests and Rural Livelihoods
- PDF Climate change impact on crop production in Sri Lanka
- Website Community-based adaptation exchange (CBA-X)
- Website Ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) in action: The case of forestry
- PDF Final evaluation of the project "Strengthening resilience to climate change through integrated agricultural and pastoral management in the ...
- PDF Framework of milestones and indicators for community-based adaptation
- Website Participatory survey methods for gathering information
Country experience on climate change activities in the fishery and aquacultur...A collection of materials illustrating country-based applications and examples on climate change activities related to aquaculture and fisheries are provided in this section.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website Building climate change resilience in the fisheries sector in Malawi. Project summary
- PDF Case Studies on Climate Change and African Coastal Fisheries: A Vulnerability Analysis and Recommendations for Adaptation Options
- PDF Gap analysis of national and regional fisheries and aquaculture priorities and initiatives in Western and Central Africa in respect to climate ...
Country experiences on nationally appropriate mitigation actionsCountry experiences on developing and implementing nationally appropriate mitigation actions: the set of policies and actions that countries undertake as part of their commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- Website A survey of GHG mitigation policies for the agriculture, forestry and other land use sector
- PDF Improving efficiency of small ruminants productions for reduction of the greenhouse gas (GHG) emission intensity
- PDF Reducing emissions intensity and improving natural resources management through livestock in natural grasslands in Uruguay
Country experiences in implementing nationally determined contributionsThis collection aims to document and capture lessons learned from country experiences implementing their nationally determined contributions.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Asistencia técnica para la preparación de las NDC e instrumentos de reporte conexos en los compromisos del Ecuador con la Convención Marco de ...
- Website Assessment of Jamaica’s Climate Change Mitigation Potential and Implications for its Updated NDC : Sectoral Review
- PDF Consultation on national climate actions in livestock systems to support the Nationally Determined Contributions in Rwanda
- PDF Enhancing Countries’ Nationally Determined Contributions for Emissions Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation
- PDF Supporting AUC and Countries in the Formulation and Tracking the Progress of NDC Implementation Plans in Africa
- PDF Tackling climate change while achieving sustainable development goals: arganiculture in Morocco
Examining different aspects, initiatives and policies on implementing nationa...An overview of new proposals in different fields for nationally determined contributions.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold:
- PDF Analysis and systematization on intended nationally determined contributions (INDC) in Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) countries
- PDF Energy in and from agriculture in the African Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC). A review
- PDF Enhancing forest targets and measures in nationally determined contributions
- Website Guide to including nature in nationally determined contribution
- PDF Implementing the Paris Agreement: LDC gaps and needs in greenhouse gas inventory reporting
- PDF Linking REDD+, the Paris Agreement, national determined contributions and suitable development goals: realizing the potential of forests for ndc ...
- PDF Localising NDCs with inspiration from the 2030 Agenda
- PDF Meeting the climate change mitigation commitments of least developed countries: The role of the agricultural sectors and the need for urgent action
- Website Nature-based Solutions Finance for NDCs
- PDF Panorama de las contribuciones determinadas a nivel nacional en America Latina y el Caribe, 2019: avances para el cumplimento del Acuerdo de Paris
- PDF Policy analysis of nationally determined contributions in Europe and Central Asia
- PDF The State of Nationally Determined Contributions: 2022
Tools for Sustainable Forest ManagementTools and resources on sustainable forest management to assist forest managers in assessing and responding to climate-change challenges and opportunities.The most relevant resources in this collection are highlighted in bold: